This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.9732 / 54°58'23"N
Longitude: -2.3704 / 2°22'13"W
OS Eastings: 376388
OS Northings: 564354
OS Grid: NY763643
Mapcode National: GBR CBWY.M1
Mapcode Global: WH913.K8G8
Entry Name: Church of All Hallows
Listing Date: 27 July 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1370303
English Heritage Legacy ID: 240769
Location: Henshaw, Northumberland, NE47
Civil Parish: Henshaw
Built-Up Area: Tow House
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Beltingham with Henshaw
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
HENSHAW A 69 (T)
NY 76 SE 764643
(South side, off)
17/41 Church of
Parish church. 1888-9. Tooled dressed sandstone in narrow courses; plain red
tiled roof. Aisleless nave with porch on west end; chancel with north vestry.
Early English style. 3-bay nave: chamfered plinth and mainly narrow paired
lancets above sill string; single off-centre buttress on north and south;
steeply-pitched roof with coped gables. Diagonally-buttressed west end has
round window, in stepped hollow-chamfered surround, above porch; gabled bellcote
with pointed opening. Buttresses with gablets on north and south at junction
between nave and chancel. 2-bay chancel: enriched hollow-chamfered eaves band;
paired lancets, centre buttress and large cinquefoil window on south; 3 stepped
lancets above sill string on buttressed east end; steeply-pitched roof with
coped east gable. Small gabled porch: 2-light chamfered-mullioned window on
west; pointed chamfered doorway under hoodmould on south. Vestry: gabled
north end with external chimney; pointed doorway and 2-light mullioned window
on east; steeply-pitched roof.
Plain, plastered interior. Nave: 7 trusses, on mid-wall corbels, with brattished,
arch-braced collars. Chancel: hollow-chamfered chancel arch of 2 orders under
hoodmould dying into wall; enriched barrel roof; trefoil-headed piscina and
aumbry on south; east window in large pointed rear arch with colonettes (1894
stained glass: Christ with St. Ruth and St. Hilda).
Listing NGR: NY7638864354
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings