This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3767 / 53°22'36"N
Longitude: -1.0597 / 1°3'34"W
OS Eastings: 462652
OS Northings: 387061
OS Grid: SK626870
Mapcode National: GBR PY1D.C8
Mapcode Global: WHFG0.PDL6
Entry Name: Rose and Crown Cottage and Outbuildings
Listing Date: 27 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1370365
English Heritage Legacy ID: 241078
Location: Blyth, Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, S81
Civil Parish: Blyth
Built-Up Area: Blyth (Bassetlaw)
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Blyth
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK 68 NW BLYTH RETFORD ROAD
2/50 Rose and Crow
Cottage and out-
Cottage, formerly public house, mid C17 and 1790 with C20
alterations. Coursed rubble, part timber frame and brick.
Pantile roof with 2 gable and single ridge brick stacks. Coursed
rubble. C17 south front, 2 storeys, 3 bays, with a later C18 2
bay brick extension to the right. Central doorway with wooden
door and plain surround. Above is an ashlar plaque with the
inscription "I. Fox 1790". Flanked by single glazing bar
Yorkshire sashes. All ground floor openings have brick heads.
Above are 3 Yorkshire sashes, the left 2 with glazing bars. The
brick extension, with dogtooth eaves, has a doorway with wooden
stable door and plain surround and a Yorksire sash to the right.
Both are under segmental arches. Above is a single glazing bar
Yorkshire sash. There are 2 tie plates. Over the ground floor
window is a chain and bracket for lowering barrels to the cellar.
To the right is a higher 2 storey barn extension, part now
incorporated into the house. Having 2 glazing bar Yorkshire
sashes and a single, blocked arched doorway now containing double
wooden doors. Above is a single glazing bar Yorkshire sash.
Projecting from this is a further barn extension with single
ridge stack and dentillated eaves. 2 storeys, 8 bays. Having a
single arched entrance with to the right a single slatted opening
with overlight, a flight of stone coped steps, a single doorway,
a single similar slatted opening, a single blocked arch,
containing a double door, a single doorway and a single glazing
bar Yorkshire sash. Above there is a single glazing bar
Yorkshire sash with, to the right, a single doorway with wooden
door and a single fixed light. The 5 bay north front is
rendered and painted and decorated with mock timber framing, the
attached range of outbuildings is painted.
Listing NGR: SK6264887059
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings