History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

South Engine House and Boundary Wall

A Grade II* Listed Building in Misterton, Nottinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.4471 / 53°26'49"N

Longitude: -0.8295 / 0°49'46"W

OS Eastings: 477838

OS Northings: 395118

OS Grid: SK778951

Mapcode National: GBR QXNL.61

Mapcode Global: WHFFR.7M87

Entry Name: South Engine House and Boundary Wall

Listing Date: 23 November 1984

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1370383

English Heritage Legacy ID: 241177

Location: Misterton, Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, DN10

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Bassetlaw

Civil Parish: Misterton

Built-Up Area: Misterton

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: West Stockwith

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
West Stockwith

Listing Text

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 04/02/2013


SK 79 NE
3/93


MISTERTON
SOSS ROAD (east side)
South engine house and boundary wall


G.V. II*


Pumping engine house 1828. Brick with slate roof. Stone
foundation wall, stone sills and lintels, moulded stone eaves
band, stone coped gables. 2 storeys, 3 bays. West gable has, to
left, single cast-iron glazing bar casement on either floor.
Between floors, datestone inscribed 'These works erected 1828,
Francis Raynes, George Kelk, William Gauntley (Commissioners),
Alfred Smith, Engineer.' To right, square brick chimney stack
on plain square base with plain stone coping, corbelled stone cap
with acroteria. To north, lean-to brick wheelhouse with slate
roof projecting over drain, and to north again, lean-to timber
structure. Above, single glazing bar sash. Lean-to addition to
south, brick with slate roof, has central doorway; above, 2
square unglazed openings. East gable has single glazing bar
cast-iron light on each floor. Outside, curved brick boundary
wall with stone coping, 2 pairs stone gatepiers, approx. 25M long
in 2 sections.


Listing NGR: SK7783895118

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.