This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.9952 / 54°59'42"N
Longitude: -2.1871 / 2°11'13"W
OS Eastings: 388128
OS Northings: 566754
OS Grid: NY881667
Mapcode National: GBR FB5P.94
Mapcode Global: WHB24.CPRY
Entry Name: Barn and Adjoining Shelter Shed to East of West Wharmley Farmhouse
Listing Date: 15 April 1969
Last Amended: 12 February 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1370427
English Heritage Legacy ID: 239331
Location: Haydon, Northumberland, NE46
Civil Parish: Haydon
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Warden
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NY 86 NE HAYDON WHARMLEY
6/81 Barn and adjoining shelter
15/4/69 shed to east of West
Wharmley Farmhouse (Previously
GV listed as adjacent barn on
S of West Wharmley).
Former dwelling of bastle-house type, now barn. C16 or early C17, altered. Massive
rubble, stone slate roof. 2 storeys. Ground floor 3 part-glazed part-slatted
windows,2nd inserted in earlier door with chamfered surround; first floor small
slit window, blocked original door with chamfered jambs. East range of house
adjoins left end of wall. Right gable with ground floor door. Left gable has C18
door in earlier opening, boarded door with chamfered surround,first floor small
original window. Rear elevation various C18 and Cl9 openings with 1st floor door
at head of external stone stair, to right adjoining shelter shed. Original ground
floor slit window visible inside shelter shed.
Shelter shed rubble with stone dressings, stone slate roof. Two segmental arches
in front wall.
Listing NGR: NY8812866754
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings