This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.0876 / 55°5'15"N
Longitude: -1.6641 / 1°39'50"W
OS Eastings: 421537
OS Northings: 577073
OS Grid: NZ215770
Mapcode National: GBR J9TM.J0
Mapcode Global: WHC34.DDS2
Entry Name: Villa Rose
Listing Date: 29 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1370763
English Heritage Legacy ID: 238977
Location: Stannington, Northumberland, NE13
Civil Parish: Stannington
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Stannington St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
This List entry was subject to a Minor Amendment 19/05/2016.
(Formerly listed as: Former kitchen wing to north-west of Blagdon Hall, and link wall
Kitchen wing, now house and garages. Probably 1791, by James Wyatt. South and
east elevations of south range tooled ashlar, other parts tooled-and-margined
stone; Lakeland slate roof. L-plan. Plinth, 1st floor band, moulded eaves
cornice on south range. South elevation: end of south range shows blind round
arch behind C20 pentconservatory, with Diocletian window above. Set back to
left, west range shows two 12-pane sashes with 3 similar but larger windows
above; hipped roofs. Right return of south range, to courtyard, shows fielded-
panel door to left of 4-bay blind arcade, with later openings inserted; to left,
lower arcaded wall joins Blagdon Hall (q.v.).
Listing NGR: NZ2153777073
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings