This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.5727 / 55°34'21"N
Longitude: -2.1016 / 2°6'5"W
OS Eastings: 393688
OS Northings: 631009
OS Grid: NT936310
Mapcode National: GBR F4R0.S5
Mapcode Global: WH9ZG.P6F7
Entry Name: Stables and Cart Shed Circa 20 Yards South West of Coupland Farmhouse
Listing Date: 14 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1370926
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237622
Location: Ewart, Northumberland, NE71
Civil Parish: Ewart
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Kirknewton St Gregory
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NT 93 SW EWART COUPLAND
3/46 Stables and cart shed
c.20 yards south-west
of Coupland Farmhouse
Stables, cart shed and forge. Late C18. Porphyry rubble with dressed sandstone
quoins. Pantiled roof. Single storey, 10 irregular bays.
Forge on left has stable-type door and ½-shuttered window.
Smith's cottage to right of this has boarded door and 6-pane casement window.
Stable to right of this has stable-type door and ½-shuttered window.
Cartshed on right has 4 segmental arches on square piers.
Listing NGR: NT9368831009
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings