This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.6774 / 55°40'38"N
Longitude: -2.1006 / 2°6'2"W
OS Eastings: 393771
OS Northings: 642662
OS Grid: NT937426
Mapcode National: GBR F2SS.0M
Mapcode Global: WH9YW.PKXG
Entry Name: Former Church of St James and Attached School Buildings
Listing Date: 10 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1370998
English Heritage Legacy ID: 238020
Location: Duddo, Northumberland, TD15
Civil Parish: Duddo
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Norham St Cuthbert
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NT 94 SW
5/52 Former church of
St. James and
22.12.69 attached school
Former church and school. 1832 by Ignatius Bonomi, schoolhouse to rear
slightly later. Ashlar with Welsh sate roof. Romanesque style. Church is
a single room. 4 bays. Round-headed sash windows with roll-moulded arches
and shafts with waterleaf capitals. Chamfered sill string and continuous
drip mould. The bays divided by flat pilasters. Corbel table. Gabled roof.
West bellcote with round arch.
Multi-moulded round-headed west doorway in shallow projection under stone
pent roof. East end has 2 similar windows with round window in the gable.
Lower L-plan school building to rear has Tudor-arched doorway, double-chamfered
mullioned windows and curly bargeboards.
Listing NGR: NT9377142662
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings