This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.4691 / 55°28'8"N
Longitude: -1.8316 / 1°49'53"W
OS Eastings: 410744
OS Northings: 619490
OS Grid: NU107194
Mapcode National: GBR H5N6.89
Mapcode Global: WHC13.TSZN
Entry Name: Tankerville Arms Public House
Listing Date: 25 August 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1371103
English Heritage Legacy ID: 236516
Location: Eglingham, Northumberland, NE66
Civil Parish: Eglingham
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Eglingham St Maurice
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
EGLINGHAM EGLINGHAM VILLAGE
19/175 Tankerville Arms
Public House and
Public House, c.1830-40 incorporating ealier fabric, and house, late C18.
Tankerville Arms squared stone, with tooled dressings; No. 17 coursed rubble
with tooled-and-margined dressings; Welsh slate roofs. Street front 2 storeys.
Tankerville Arms 4 bays; central porch, with moulded cornice and blocking
course, holding 6-panel door with 2-pane overlight. 4-pane sash windows in
raised surrounds with extended ends to lintels, sills and mid blocks. No. 17,
to right, 2 wide bays; right-of-centre 6-panel door with 2-pane overlight
inside C20 half-glazed porch. 4-pane sash windows in alternating-block
surrounds with slightly-projecting sills. Coped gables; stepped-and-banded
end and 2 ridge stacks. Rear elevation shows early C19 wing on far right
and lateral stack with octagonal shaft and flared moulded cornice to left.
Altered single-storey part of Tankerville Arms at east end, timber extension
to rear, porch and rear extension to No. 17 are not of special interest.
Listing NGR: NU1074419490
Other nearby listed buildings