This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.4755 / 55°28'31"N
Longitude: -1.7407 / 1°44'26"W
OS Eastings: 416491
OS Northings: 620215
OS Grid: NU164202
Mapcode National: GBR J584.Y0
Mapcode Global: WHC15.7MCS
Entry Name: Outbuilding and Yard Wall to North of Grovewood House
Listing Date: 25 August 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1371105
English Heritage Legacy ID: 236527
Location: Eglingham, Northumberland, NE66
Civil Parish: Eglingham
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: South Charlton St James
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NU 12 SE
yard wall to
Coach-house and stable to former vicarage. 1862, by James Deason of London
for 4th Duke of Northumberland. Snecked stone with tooled ashlar dressings;
Lakeland slate roof.
Elevation to stable yard; 1 storey + loft, 3 bays. Central doorway flanked
by small windows, under studded loft door in gabled half dormer; to left
boarded double doors under segmental arch, to right C20 opening. Coped
gables. Right return (to churchyard) shows slatted loft window in gable, and
attached flat-coped wall to left which returns, with gateway, to link with
north-east corner of Grovewood House (q.v.). All openings in chamfered
Included for group value with Grovewood House and Church of St. James.
Listing NGR: NU1649120215
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings