History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Brickyard Lodge

A Grade II Listed Building in Castle Ashby, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2308 / 52°13'50"N

Longitude: -0.7434 / 0°44'36"W

OS Eastings: 485916

OS Northings: 259922

OS Grid: SP859599

Mapcode National: GBR CXZ.4VY

Mapcode Global: VHDS8.26B6

Entry Name: Brickyard Lodge

Listing Date: 6 September 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1371260

English Heritage Legacy ID: 235439

Location: Castle Ashby, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN7

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Castle Ashby

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Castle Ashby St Mary Magdalene

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Ecton

Listing Text

CASTLE ASHBY CASTLE ASHBY PARK
SP8559
12/39 Brickyard Lodge

GV II

Lodge. c.1800. Coursed squared limestone, limestone dressings and some ashlar;
lead and plain-tile roofs, stone internal stacks. 2-unit plan. 2-storey,
2-window range. 2-light leaded windows to ground and 1st floors with
ovolo-moulded stone mullions, arched heads to lights, pierced central spandrel
and moulded and hollow-chanifered rectangular stone surrounds. Left end elevation
facing former drive is ashlar-faced and has 2-storey canted bay with similar
windows. Entrance to rear with moulded Tudor-arched doorway with cut spandrels
in rectangular stone surround. Plinth, storey band, moulded stone cornice and
plain stone-coped parapet concealing roof. Stacks have paired dressed stone
flues with moulded cornices. Lower 2-storey, 1-window C19 extension to right
end. Sitting room with bay window facing drive has panelling and
bolection-aoulded stone chimney piece said to have been removed from Easton
Maudit House, demolished 1801 when estate was acquired by the Comptons.


Listing NGR: SP8591659922

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.