History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of the Holy Trinity

A Grade II Listed Building in Seaton Valley, Northumberland

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 55.0691 / 55°4'8"N

Longitude: -1.5394 / 1°32'21"W

OS Eastings: 429513

OS Northings: 575059

OS Grid: NZ295750

Mapcode National: GBR K9PT.JN

Mapcode Global: WHC36.BV69

Entry Name: Church of the Holy Trinity

Listing Date: 15 July 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1371384

English Heritage Legacy ID: 235965

Location: Seaton Valley, Northumberland, NE23

County: Northumberland

Civil Parish: Seaton Valley

Traditional County: Northumberland

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland

Church of England Parish: Seghill Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Newcastle

Find accommodation in

Listing Text

A 190
NZ 27 NE
(North side, off)
Seghill, Cramlington
4/1 Church of the
Holy Trinity
Parish church, 1849 by Benjamin and John Green. Squared stone with ashlar
dressings; Welsh slate roof. Broad aisleless 4-bay nave with west porch and
2-bay chancel with north vestry. C13 style. Nave with chamfered plinth, sill
string and eaves cornice; buttresses at angles and between bays. Lancet
windows with chamfered hoods on north and south, taller lancets flanking west
porch which has boarded double doors with substantial scrolled hinges on south,
in double-chamfered arch; to west of porch is church hall of 1981. Circular
window in east gable above chancel roof; coped gables, the western with bellcote:
single double-chamfered arch, coped gable with moulded finial. Low chancel with
lancets and blocked priests' door on south, lancet triplet to east; coped east
gable with bracelet finial cross.

Interior: Double-chamfered chancel arch on corbelled filleted shafts. Panelled
western gallery on cast-iron columns. Sanctuary panelling as 1914-18 war
memorial. Roof of braced scissor trusses on corbels with strutted upper
kingposts. Original patterned glass with coloured borders in east window and
in roundel above chancel arch.

Listing NGR: NZ2951375059

This List entry has been amended to add the source for War Memorials Register. This source was not used in the compilation of this List entry but is added here as a guide for further reading, 16 August 2017.

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.