This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.1255 / 55°7'31"N
Longitude: -1.5 / 1°30'0"W
OS Eastings: 431980
OS Northings: 581346
OS Grid: NZ319813
Mapcode National: GBR K9Z5.1G
Mapcode Global: WHC30.XFWL
Entry Name: High Light (Lighthouse Attached to Rear Wing of Number 8)
Listing Date: 28 July 1950
Last Amended: 15 July 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1371411
English Heritage Legacy ID: 235994
Location: Blyth, Northumberland, NE24
Civil Parish: Blyth
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Blyth St Cuthbert
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
BLYTH BATH TERRACE
NZ 3181 SE
12/30 High Light
28.7.50 to rear wing of No.8)
(formerly listed as High
GV II Lighthouse)
Lighthouse, 1780-90, heightened twice in later C19/early C20. C18 part squared
stone, upper parts brick, colour-washed. Slightly-tapered circular tower.
Lower part in 4 stages, divided by bands. Doorway on north, within small added
porch; quatrefoil or cross loops, some blocked, to cardinal points. Upper part
with 2 bands on moulded corbels, 2 windows to south. Flat roof has railing
with knobbed spiral standards.
Interior: C18 part has stone newel stair; ladders in top section.
The lighthouse was worked in conjunction with the Low Light (rebuilt 1936)
until 1985, when it was superseded by modern navigation aids on a different
alignment and repainted mushroom instead of white.
Listing NGR: NZ3198081346
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings