This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.1048 / 55°6'17"N
Longitude: -1.6098 / 1°36'35"W
OS Eastings: 424992
OS Northings: 578998
OS Grid: NZ249789
Mapcode National: GBR K96D.8W
Mapcode Global: WHC2Z.7YNH
Entry Name: Main Farmbuilding Group to East of West Hartford Farmhouse
Listing Date: 15 July 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1371414
English Heritage Legacy ID: 236015
Location: Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23
Civil Parish: Cramlington
Built-Up Area: Cramlington
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Horton St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
CRAMLINGTON A 192
NZ 27 NW / NZ 27 NE
3/51 and 4/51 Main farmbuilding
group, to east of
Planned farmbuildings, dated 1861 with initials MWR (Matthew White Ridley) on
centrepiece of north range. Snecked tooled stone with tooled-and-margined
dressings; Welsh slate roofs, replaced by C20 metal sheets on east part of
north range and C20 tiles on side ranges. Coped gables. Most openings in
chamfered alternating-block surrounds. Ranges around yard opening to south;
barn, with pent engine-house on west, runs north from centre of north range.
North range 2 storeys, 5 bays; projecting centrepiece is end of barn with
boarded double doors under segmental arch, datestone above and keyed round
opening in gable. Side parts each have 2 pairs of segmental arches, with 5
windows above. Side ranges single-storey; boarded doors and part-slatted
windows in east range, stable doors and slit vents in west range. Barn on
north has part-slatted windows and cart entrance on east with girder lintel,
segmental relieving arch and recess on left for original sliding door; and
round opening in gable. Engine house has boarded door and cart entrance with
timber lintel and blocked flue to former chimney on west. 2 external stone
stairs to boarded doors at rear of north range.
Planned cattle farm, formerly part of the Blagdon Estate.
Later sheds filling yard are not of special interest.
Listing NGR: NZ2499278998
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings