History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Poplars and Attached Stables

A Grade II Listed Building in Blakesley, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1472 / 52°8'49"N

Longitude: -1.0863 / 1°5'10"W

OS Eastings: 462614

OS Northings: 250271

OS Grid: SP626502

Mapcode National: GBR 9VV.86C

Mapcode Global: VHCW0.4919

Entry Name: The Poplars and Attached Stables

Listing Date: 1 December 1951

Last Amended: 14 December 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1371625

English Heritage Legacy ID: 235070

Location: Blakesley, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN12

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Blakesley

Built-Up Area: Blakesley

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Blakesley St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Maidford

Listing Text

BLAKESLEY THE GREEN
SP6250 (North side)
10/51 No.7 (The Poplars) and
01/12/51 attached stables
(Formerly listed as The
Poplars Farmhouse, barns and
outbuildings)

GV II

Farmhouse. Mid C17 (dated 1653) with C19 additions and alterations. Coursed
squared ironstone, plain-tile roof, stone ridge and end stacks, flue to end
stack rebuilt in red brick. L-plan. 2 storeys and attic; 3-window front range.
Central 6-panel part-glazed door in moulded wood surround with overlight and
timber lintel. A 4-light hollow-chamfered stone mullion window to ground floor
right with hood mould and similar window to ground floor left. A similar 2-light
window above door, similar 3-light window to first floor right. A 4-light stone
mullion and transom window to first floor left with hood mould. A 3-light
chamfered stone mullion window in gable of wing to rear left. Quoins, chamfered
stone plinth and stone-coped gables with kneelers. Attached stable wing to right
with plain-tile roof. Single storey and loft. Interior: stop-chamfered spine
beams, moulded stop-chamfered spine beams and large open fireplace in kitchen
with moulded cambered bressumer. ?K 1653 inscribed on mullion of first floor
window. 2 bolection-moulded timber chimneypieces in upstairs rooms, one with
early C19 grate.


Listing NGR: SP6261450271

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.