This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1378 / 52°8'15"N
Longitude: -1.1622 / 1°9'44"W
OS Eastings: 457434
OS Northings: 249159
OS Grid: SP574491
Mapcode National: GBR 8TF.T63
Mapcode Global: VHCVY.SJYK
Entry Name: Lodge and Gateway at Entrance to Manor House
Listing Date: 4 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1371838
English Heritage Legacy ID: 234174
Location: Moreton Pinkney, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN11
District: South Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Moreton Pinkney
Built-Up Area: Moreton Pinkney
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Moreton Pinkney St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
MORETON PINKNEY MAIN ROAD
SP5749 (South side)
9/145 Lodge and gateway at entrance
to Manor House
Lodge and gateway. 1859-60 by E.F. Law. Squared coursed ironstone, tiled roof,
stone stack. Scottish Baronial style. Lodge to right, 2 storeys, 2 bays. A round
turret with conical roof to left, with one-light window in stone frame on both
floors. Gabled bay to right has 2-light stone mullioned window on both floors.
Entrance on left side has gabled stone porch and doorway with 4-centred arch and
4-panel door. Interior not inspected. Gateway to left has segmental stone arch
with stone coping. Raised centrepiece has stone plaque with shields of arms of
Edward Sempill and his wife Baroness Maria Jane and date 1860. Rope moulding
carried around plaque and archway ends in boldly carved knots.
Listing NGR: SP5743449159
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings