This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3064 / 52°18'22"N
Longitude: -0.5925 / 0°35'32"W
OS Eastings: 496063
OS Northings: 268517
OS Grid: SP960685
Mapcode National: GBR DYK.724
Mapcode Global: VHFPD.P948
Entry Name: Church House
Listing Date: 23 September 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1371872
English Heritage Legacy ID: 232357
Location: Higham Ferrers, East Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN10
District: East Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Higham Ferrers
Built-Up Area: Higham Ferrers
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Higham Ferrers St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
HIGHAM FERRERS MARKET SQUARE
SP9668NW (East side)
18/57 No.9 (Church House)
House. Probably late C17, reconstructed early/mid C19. Squared coursed limestone
and orange brick with early C20 plain tile roof. Originally 2-unit plan. 2
storeys. 2-window range of C19 sash windows under wood lintels to first floor
and C17 canted bay window with stone mullions to ground floor left and similar
bay, now modified, to right has 2 C19 sash windows under wood lintels. Lean-to
roof over bay windows. Ground floor is stone with a chamfered plinth and first
floor is C19 brickwork. Ashlar gable parapet to right and brick stacks at ridge
and end. Rear elevation has C19 wing with panelled door under wood lintel in
elevation to left of main front. Interior: C19 staircase with stick balustrade.
Room to right of entrance has fine C17 moulded ceiling beams. Moulded fireplce
bressumer reset from house in Wood Street, now demolished.
Listing NGR: SP9606368517
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings