This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5943 / 52°35'39"N
Longitude: -0.5413 / 0°32'28"W
OS Eastings: 498904
OS Northings: 300611
OS Grid: SK989006
Mapcode National: GBR FWG.7ZF
Mapcode Global: WHGM8.N1FY
Entry Name: Dial House
Listing Date: 31 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1372004
English Heritage Legacy ID: 232968
Location: Duddington-with-Fineshade, East Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, PE9
District: East Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Duddington-with-Fineshade
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Duddington St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
DUDDINGTON HIGH STREET
SK9800 (West side)
9/102 Dial House
Shown as The Sundial House on Ordnance Survey map.
House. c.1726 for George Wade and later C18 and C19. Squared coursed limestone
with Collyweston slate roof. Originally 2-unit plan. 2 storeys with attic.
2-window range, now 3 windows. Leaded casements under wood lintels; first floor
centre window is C20 with concrete lintel. 6-panel door to centre is also under
wood lintel. Ashlar end stack, with moulded cornice, to left and stone stack to
right. Single storey outbuilding, attached to left, has one leaded casement, and
now forms part of main house. Rear elevation has later C18 stair turret.
Interior not inspected but noted as having remains of open fireplace.
(RCHM: An Inventory of Architectural Monuments in North Northamptonshire: p49)
Listing NGR: SK9890400611
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings