This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.4808 / 52°28'51"N
Longitude: -0.4674 / 0°28'2"W
OS Eastings: 504177
OS Northings: 288095
OS Grid: TL041880
Mapcode National: GBR FXX.GN2
Mapcode Global: VHFNH.VX71
Entry Name: The Town Hall
Listing Date: 18 June 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1372119
English Heritage Legacy ID: 231706
Location: Oundle, East Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, PE8
District: East Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Oundle
Built-Up Area: Oundle
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Oundlew Ashton
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
1483 The Town Hall
TL 0488 1/33 18.6.55.
Built 1830. A squat cruciform building of 2 storeys in the Tudor manner. Steep
gabled roofs of Welsh slate. Stone mullioned windows to 1st floor. Ground floor
originally open as for a market with 4-centre-arched heads to bays, now roughly
sealed off. A very important feature of the Market Place and good of its kind.
It also adds charm to West Street by permitting only an oblique view from the east
end of the Market Place.
All the listed building in Market Place form a group.
Listing NGR: TL0417788095
Other nearby listed buildings