This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2371 / 51°14'13"N
Longitude: 1.0822 / 1°4'55"E
OS Eastings: 615249
OS Northings: 153175
OS Grid: TR152531
Mapcode National: GBR TYN.BF2
Mapcode Global: VHLGT.P5YG
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 30 January 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1372289
English Heritage Legacy ID: 171340
Location: Lower Hardres, Canterbury, Kent, CT4
Civil Parish: Lower Hardres
Built-Up Area: Lower Hardres
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
5273 LOWER HHARDRES SCHOOL LANE
Church of St Mary
TR 15 SE 13/501 30.1.67
The church was built in 1831-2 by Rickman and Hutchinson in early English style
and is built of flint with ashlar dressings and slate roof. Chancel, nave
and tower at the north-west corner of the nave forming a porch on the ground
floor with an octagonal upper storey and a stone broach spire. Lancet windows.
Modern pantiled roof. C13 font. The churchyard which predates the existing
church contains some Cl8 headstones with cherub, shell or skull motifs, early
C19 Neo-Grecian headstones and some chest tombs and oval bodystones.
Listing NGR: TR1519453148
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings