History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Ashley Court

A Grade II Listed Building in Ashley, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.51 / 52°30'36"N

Longitude: -0.8299 / 0°49'47"W

OS Eastings: 479506

OS Northings: 290879

OS Grid: SP795908

Mapcode National: GBR CTD.M06

Mapcode Global: VHDQV.K5LN

Entry Name: Ashley Court

Listing Date: 29 January 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1372347

English Heritage Legacy ID: 230873

Location: Ashley, Kettering, Northamptonshire, LE16

County: Northamptonshire

District: Kettering

Civil Parish: Ashley

Built-Up Area: Ashley (Kettering)

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Ashley St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Medbourne

Listing Text

ASHLEY MAIN STREET
SP7990 (South side)
7/16 Ashley Court
GV II

Rectory, now house. Endowed as parsonage 1650, extended early C19 and 1871 by
E.F. Law for Rev. R. Pulteney. Squared coursed limestone and ironstone,
brickwork part rendered and C19 half timbering and pargetting with slate roof.
Originally U-shape plan now complex. Centre ground floor is C17 with 2- and
4-light stone mullion windows with leaded lights. Flanking windows to ground
floor and 3 windows to first floor left are similar C19 stone mullion windows
set in brickwork. 5-window range to first floor right are casements set in Cl9
half timbering with gables and bargeboards over alternate windows. Brick stacks
at ridge and end. Entrance front to right has central C17 stone gable with C19
thee-light stone mullion windows and C19 porches to left and right with ribbed
and studded doors set in moulded stone surrounds with 4-centred heads. Range to
right is probably early C19. Elevations to garden have C19 rendered brick gables
and brick centre bay with stone mullion and transom windows and ashlar gable
parapets and finials. Interior has C19 staircase around open well with simple
Gothic style balustrade. Some first floor rooms have early C19 panelled doors
with reeded architraves. Various C19 marble fireplaces. Ceased to be used as a
rectory in 1919. Forms part of a group of significant buildings in Main Street.


Listing NGR: SP7950690879

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.