History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

1, 3 and 5, St Andrew's Lane

A Grade II Listed Building in Cranford, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.387 / 52°23'13"N

Longitude: -0.6475 / 0°38'51"W

OS Eastings: 492142

OS Northings: 277410

OS Grid: SP921774

Mapcode National: GBR DXH.C41

Mapcode Global: VHFNZ.Q8JH

Entry Name: 1, 3 and 5, St Andrew's Lane

Listing Date: 4 September 1975

Last Amended: 19 June 1992

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1372392

English Heritage Legacy ID: 231020

Location: Cranford, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN14

County: Northamptonshire

District: Kettering

Civil Parish: Cranford

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Cranford St John the Baptist

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Kettering

Listing Text

CRANFORD
SP9277 ST.ANDREW'S LANE, Cranford St.Andrew
1337-0/18/157 (North side)
04/09/75 Nos.1,3,5
(Formerly Listed as:
ST. ANDREW'S LANE
Cranford St. Andrew
Nos.1, 3 & 5
and 16-18 Rectory Hill)
GV II
Row of 3 cottages incorporating bakehouse. Probably late C17
with later alterations. Coursed limestone rubble with thatched
roof, coped left gable and 3 brick ridge stacks. 2 storeys.
No.1 has a panelled and part-glazed door with 3-light
small-paned casement windows to either side. Wooden lintels. 2
similar windows above. No.3 has a C20 porch, a 3-light small-
paned casement window and a part of French doors to ground
floor and two 3- light windows above. Wooden lintels. No.5 has
2 French doors, a C20 porch (with reset County firemark) and a
3-light window to ground floor and three 3-light gudgeon-hung
metal frame casements to first floor. Wooden lintels. Small
inglenook in ground-floor right-hand room (end of bressumer
exposed in front wall). Wing to rear of No.5 contains
bakehouse with bery large chamfered spine beam and several
ovens, including one of colossal size, which remained in use
until c.1950.


Listing NGR: SP9214277410

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.