History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor Farmhouse and Attached Outbuildings

A Grade II* Listed Building in Newton and Little Oakley, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.4607 / 52°27'38"N

Longitude: -0.689 / 0°41'20"W

OS Eastings: 489170

OS Northings: 285561

OS Grid: SP891855

Mapcode National: GBR DWH.LNG

Mapcode Global: VHFNL.0DLY

Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse and Attached Outbuildings

Listing Date: 25 October 1951

Last Amended: 19 June 1992

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1372407

English Heritage Legacy ID: 231117

Location: Newton and Little Oakley, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN18

County: Northamptonshire

District: Kettering

Civil Parish: Newton and Little Oakley

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Great Oakley and Little Oakley St Michael

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Corby

Listing Text

NEWTON
SP8885 LITTLE OAKLEY
1337-0/11/199 Manor Farmhouse and attached
25/10/51 outbuildings
(Formerly Listed as:
LITTLE OAKLEY
The Manor Farm House)
GV II*
Farmhouse of two C16 builds, and dated 1721. Coursed squared
limestone with Collyweston stone slate roof, coped gables and
moulded stone ridge and end stacks. 2 storeys. Chamfered
plinth. Central porch with round-headed doorway with
hood-mould, studded door. 3-light stone mullioned windows
above with round-headed lights. Iron-framed gudgion-hung
casement openings. Projecting wing to left has similar windows
to ground and first floors, that to ground floor longer
(perhaps lengthened), and originally had a gable end stack.
Lean-to between porch and wing. Range to right of porch
rebuilt 1721 (datestone in gable end) has 3-light
square-headed hollow-chamfered stone mullioned windows, longer
to ground floor. Low range of outbuildings attached to right.
L-shaped wing to rear, probably earlier C16, has small one-
and 2-light stone mullioned windows with 4-centred heads to
lights, and a tiny reset cusped light. Interior: cross-passage
plan. Ground-floor room to left of cross-passage has wide late
C16 chamfered segmental fireplace now incorporating a
bolection moulded chimneypiece brought C20 from Boughton
House, where it may originally have been intended for the
"unfinished wing". Late C16 roof survives over this part:
truss arch braced to tie with queen struts to collar,
wind-braced. C16 moulded stone chimneypiece recently uncovered
in room above porch. Original plan obscured by later
alterations.


Listing NGR: SP8917085561

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.