History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Former Stables to Rushton Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Rushton, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.4372 / 52°26'13"N

Longitude: -0.7703 / 0°46'12"W

OS Eastings: 483693

OS Northings: 282845

OS Grid: SP836828

Mapcode National: GBR CVF.437

Mapcode Global: VHDR8.L0NG

Entry Name: Former Stables to Rushton Hall

Listing Date: 1 June 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1372411

English Heritage Legacy ID: 231130

Location: Rushton, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN14

County: Northamptonshire

District: Kettering

Civil Parish: Rushton

Built-Up Area: Rushton

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Rushton with Glendon All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Rothwell

Listing Text

RUSHTON
SP88SW Former stables to Rushton Hall
1337-0/4/229
01/06/83
GV II
Former stables. Early C19. (Dated 1829 on clock dial).
Ironstone ashlar with limestone dressings. Collyweston stone
slate roof hipped heads, and moulded stone ridge and rear
stacks. 2 storeys. U-plan, 5-bay main block and 3-bay wings,
divided by plain pilasters. Central clock and bell turret with
octagonal pyramid roof. 3 central bays of main block have
segment-headed carriage arches (those to left and right with
double board doors). End bays have doors with simple
Gothic-traceried overlights and more rounded segmental heads,
and small- paned windows with similar heads. Some round
punched ventilators. 3/6 sash windows with gauged stone heads
above. Left-hand wing has 3 similar doors to ground floor and
3 3/6 sashes above, and in addition 2 bulls-eye windows to
central bay. Right hand wing has similar detail disposed
slightly differently, door to end bay altered. Lower carriage
houses at ends of both wings, with half-hipped roofs and ends
with pediments over blind segmental panels. Some interior
fittings survive.


Listing NGR: SP8369382845

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.