This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7075 / 52°42'27"N
Longitude: 1.1507 / 1°9'2"E
OS Eastings: 612944
OS Northings: 316861
OS Grid: TG129168
Mapcode National: GBR TCY.9Q7
Mapcode Global: WHLS1.N64P
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 10 May 1961
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1372661
English Heritage Legacy ID: 228392
Location: Attlebridge, Broadland, Norfolk, NR9
Civil Parish: Attlebridge
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Alderford with Attlebridge
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 11 NW ATTLEBRIDGE STATION ROAD
2/1 Church of St. Andrew.
Parish church. Nave and chancel of c.1300 with C15 additions. Flint,
with some brick; limestone dressings. Smut pantile roof continuous over
nave and chancel. West tower, nave, chancel, south porch, north aisle.
Slim unbuttressed west tower. Bell openings with three-centred arched
heads. String course, with carved rainwater spouts on north and south
sides, below C15 embattled parapet. Single light west window with niche
of plastered brick below. Polygonal stair turret on north side. South
porch has parapeted gable; hood mould with foliage stops over doorway.
South doorway with good head stops. Two Perpendicular south windows a
C19 restoration. Fabric of chancel c.1300 with flint plinth. Two lancets,
that to the west taller and with an inserted transom to form a low-side
window. Blocked priest's door between lancets. East window of three
stepped lancets under a single arch with good head stops to hood mould.
3-light Perpendicular east window to aisle, apparently unrestored. Two
2-light north windows under square heads, C19 restoration. North doorway
with head stops. Diagonal buttresses at north east and north west corners.
West parapet of aisle rebuilt in brick. Three-bay north arcade; double-
chamfered arches and piers continuous with no capitals, probably C14.
Roofs rebuilt C19. Chancel arch formed in timber and set on stone corbels.
Squint between north aisle and chancel. In chancel, priest's door blocked
to form sedilia; dropped cill sedilia and piscina in south wall. Octagonal
font dated 1866. Priest's desk with 10 reused turned balusters with acanthus
Listing NGR: TG1294416861
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings