History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Heydon House

A Grade II Listed Building in Heydon, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8023 / 52°48'8"N

Longitude: 1.1362 / 1°8'10"E

OS Eastings: 611506

OS Northings: 327357

OS Grid: TG115273

Mapcode National: GBR TBS.62T

Mapcode Global: WHLRG.FT8K

Entry Name: Heydon House

Listing Date: 19 January 1952

Last Amended: 28 March 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1372720

English Heritage Legacy ID: 228706

Location: Heydon, Broadland, Norfolk, NR11

County: Norfolk

District: Broadland

Civil Parish: Heydon

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Heydon St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Heydon

Listing Text

TG 12 NW HEYDON THE GREEN

3/47 Heydon House
19-1-52 (formerly listed as
The Rectory)

GV II

Former rectory. C18 and C19; south-west gable dated 1861. Brick, partly
plastered and colourwashed. West gable in knapped flint. Steeply-pitched
pantiled roofs. 1½ and 2½ storeys, T-shaped plan. Range to north 1½ storeys;
3-light casements, one at first floor level on east side. Three gabled
dormers with 2-light casements to west. Parapeted north gable with internal
chimney stack; ridge stack off-centre to south. Main range of 2½ storeys:
sashes with glazing bars, 2-storey canted bay with sashes and lead roof.
Two gabled attic dormers with 2-light casements. Axial stack off-centre to
south. C19 red brick range projects to west with flint gable. Large 3-light
window in gable with transom and leaded glazing. Square panel in gable apex
with shield and the date 1861. Parapeted one-storey link in north-west angle
with a west porch in knapped flint with stucco dressings; diagonal staged
buttresses to west wall, entrance arch with engaged shafts and small niche
above. Flat-topped parapet with coping. Chimney stack on south wall with
two diagonal shafts. South gable of main range has square ground floor bay;
5-light first floor window with ovolo-moulded mullions and transom and attic
light. Gabled wing to east with C20 lean-to conservatory on south side,
first floor casements, one with leaded glazing. Axial stack off-centre to
east. Interior: of west wing has C19 blind arcading with attached shafts
to arches.


Listing NGR: TG1150627357

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.