History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St John and All Saints

A Grade II* Listed Building in Norwich, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6066 / 52°36'23"N

Longitude: 1.2972 / 1°17'49"E

OS Eastings: 623354

OS Northings: 306088

OS Grid: TG233060

Mapcode National: GBR VGM.JT4

Mapcode Global: WHMTM.WRX1

Entry Name: Church of St John and All Saints

Listing Date: 26 February 1954

Last Amended: 8 April 1986

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1372796

English Heritage Legacy ID: 229131

Location: Norwich, Norfolk, NR1

County: Norfolk

District: Norwich

Town: Norwich

Electoral Ward/Division: Lakenham

Built-Up Area: Norwich

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Lakenham St John the Baptist and All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Norwich

Listing Text

TG 20 NW HARVOOD ROAD, LAKENHAM
(North West side)
4/374
26.2.54 Church of St. John and All Saints
(Formerly listed under Sandy Lane)
- II*
Parish Church. C13 with C15 tower. South aisle, 1825: chancel rebuilt C1864
by J. Brown. Flint rubble with stone dressings, mostly rendered. South aisle,
red brick; pantiled roof. Nave and chancel in one; west tower; south aisle and
north vestry. Two 2-light north nave windows with 4-centred heads; east window
with intersecting tracery; three 3-light windows with flat heads and drip moulds
in south aisle, Diagonal chancel buttresses and 3 brick buttresses on north nave
wall. Unbuttressed 3-stage tower has 2-light belfry windows, gargoyles and
crenellated parapet. Interior (entered through south aisle); C19 wooden south
arcade; plank north door to later vestry, arch braced roof with roll mouldings
on purlins and principal rafters; moulded wall plate below rendered ashlar
posts. C14 octagonal font; monument to William Crowe (d.1779) on north chancel
wall. Gable of north vestry has tablet: HJ/TK/1824.


Listing NGR: TG2335406088

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.