History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Andrew

A Grade II* Listed Building in Buxton with Lammas, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7599 / 52°45'35"N

Longitude: 1.3262 / 1°19'34"E

OS Eastings: 624528

OS Northings: 323217

OS Grid: TG245232

Mapcode National: GBR WG2.S4Y

Mapcode Global: WHMSW.BWRL

Entry Name: Church of St Andrew

Listing Date: 10 May 1961

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1372945

English Heritage Legacy ID: 227989

Location: Buxton with Lammas, Broadland, Norfolk, NR10

County: Norfolk

District: Broadland

Civil Parish: Buxton with Lammas

Built-Up Area: Buxton (Broadland)

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Lammas with Little Hautbois

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Brampton

Listing Text

TG 22 SW BUXTON WITH LAMMAS THE STREET, LAMMAS
(north side)
6/29
10/5/61 Church of St. Andrew.

II*

Parish church. Some fabric remaining of C15, but extensively rebuilt in late
C19. Flint with limestone dressings, plain-tiled roofs with crested ridges.
West tower, nave, chancel, south porch. Chancel has a pronounced "weep" to
the north. Slender C15 west tower with staged angle buttresses below bell
stage. Bell openings with cusped 'Y' tracery. Embattled parapet. Tower
west window renewed, probably in C19 restoration. South porch rebuilt c.1880.
Three Perpendicular windows to eave nave facade; bays divided by set off
buttresses with flushwork panels. Chancel entirely rebuilt late C19, but
incorporating some old material. Tower and chancel arches early C15. C19
scissor-braced roofs. C16 octagonal font with alternating panels of shields
and roses. Fragment of old heraldic glass in south east chancel window.
Piscina with foiled head. Scratch dial on south-east buttress of nave.
Memorial tablet 1741 to the sons of Henry and Alice Utting on south wall of
chancel.


Listing NGR: TG2452823217

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.