This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6881 / 52°41'17"N
Longitude: 1.2774 / 1°16'38"E
OS Eastings: 621602
OS Northings: 315089
OS Grid: TG216150
Mapcode National: GBR VFM.KRF
Mapcode Global: WHMT7.LPJL
Entry Name: Church of the Blessed Virgin and St Andrew
Listing Date: 10 May 1961
Last Amended: 27 February 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1372959
English Heritage Legacy ID: 228082
Location: Horsham St. Faith and Newton St. Faith, Broadland, Norfolk, NR10
Civil Parish: Horsham St. Faith and Newton S
Built-Up Area: Horsham St Faith
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Horsham St Faith with Newton St Faith
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 21 NW HORSHAM ST FAITH & CHURCH STREET
NEWTON ST FAITH (north side)
2/35 Church of the
Blessed Virgin and
(formerly listed as
10/5/61 Church of St Mary
and St Andrew)
Parish Church. Fabric mainly of the C15 with early C14 west tower
and east wall of c1200. Knapped flint with limestone dressings;
slate roof over nave, lead roofs over chancel and aisles. West
tower, nave, chancel, north and south aisles, south porch. Square
west tower with staged diagonal buttresses and embattled parapet.
Square traceried sound holes. Two-light Decorated belfry windows.
Two storey south porch with groined vault with central boss depict-
ing the crucifixion of St Andrew. Stooled niche between two windows
over entrance; parapet with stone frieze. Restored Perpendicular
south aisle windows, bays divided by staged buttresses. South wall
of chancel has windows at two levels and low-side window with
cusped and cambered head. East gable wall with three stepped
lancets with double plain-chamfered reveals. Wall built in
chequerwork flint and limestone blocks. Bellcote over east nave
gable. Nave arcades of seven bays, C15, with seven 2-light cleres-
torey windows above. South aisle windows set into arcade of four-
centred arches with demi-octagonal piers with attached shafts. C19
stone staircase to porch upper chamber at west end of south aisle.
C19 stone staircase to porch upper chamber at west end of south
aisle. Screen base dated 1528 with twelve painted panels, upper
part with cusped ogee arches. Pulpit dated 1480, with painted
panels. C15 octagonal font with four good lambs' head carvings at
base; traceried bowl panels re-cut. Fine C17 font cover of elabor-
ate classical design of four Tuscan columns carrying entablature.
Wall monument on south side of chancel to William Fell (+1795) and his
wife Martha (+ 1794). Head-bracket for Lenten veil in chancel.
C19 roof with arch-braced principals.
Listing NGR: TG2160215089
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings