History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Village Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Horsham St. Faith and Newton St. Faith, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6879 / 52°41'16"N

Longitude: 1.2779 / 1°16'40"E

OS Eastings: 621632

OS Northings: 315060

OS Grid: TG216150

Mapcode National: GBR VFM.KVT

Mapcode Global: WHMT7.LPQS

Entry Name: Village Hall

Listing Date: 27 February 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1372960

English Heritage Legacy ID: 228086

Location: Horsham St. Faith and Newton St. Faith, Broadland, Norfolk, NR10

County: Norfolk

District: Broadland

Civil Parish: Horsham St. Faith and Newton S

Built-Up Area: Horsham St Faith

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Horsham St Faith with Newton St Faith

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Horsford

Listing Text

TG 21 NW HORSHAM ST. FAITH & CHURCH STREET
NEWTON ST. FAITH (south side)

2/39 Village Hall.

G.V. II

Former Church Sunday School and Mission Room, dated 1880 in tablet over entrance
door. Knapped and squared flint with red brick dressings. Slate roof. 1½
storeys. Symmetrical facade with central 1½ storey projecting gabled entrance
bay. Entrance doorway of c.1200 re-set from St. Faith's Priory (q.v.) : semi-
circular arched head with half dog-tooth decoration, roll moulding and fillet.
Stiff-leaf stops to hood moulds. Engaged shafts with block capitals. Two-
Light upper window with moulded brick drip. Three windows to each side of
entrance : Two-light casements with leaded glazing set in chamfered brick
surrounds with moulded brick labels. Parapeted east gable with brick bell-
cote. Gable chimney stacks. Brick saw-tooth eaves. Interior contains two
smaller door-arches and triple-arched sedilia heads from the priory church.
Included for group value and re-used mediaeval material only.


Listing NGR: TG2163215060

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.