This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7277 / 52°43'39"N
Longitude: 1.3595 / 1°21'34"E
OS Eastings: 626942
OS Northings: 319745
OS Grid: TG269197
Mapcode National: GBR WGH.VZT
Mapcode Global: WHMT2.VPKR
Entry Name: The Old House
Listing Date: 10 May 1961
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1372990
English Heritage Legacy ID: 228141
Location: Coltishall, Broadland, Norfolk, NR12
Civil Parish: Coltishall
Built-Up Area: Coltishall
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Coltishall with Great Hautbois
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 2619 COLTISHALL CHURCH STREET (north)
8/8 The Old House.
House, dated 1727, of red brick, flint and brick, with slate and pantiled
roofs. Double pile of 2 storeys and attics with 2 extensions to east of two
storeys, and single storey lean-to extension to west. Principal facade to
street 3 bays, a.b.a., separated by rusticated pilasters. 2 windows in outer
bays, door in central bay. Gauged brick door surround with pilasters and
moulded brick cornice. Raised and fielded 6 panel door with moulded timber
frame and fanlight. Sash windows with glazing bars and flat gauged brick
arches. Gauged brick cornice and parapet with recessed panels and pilasters.
West elevation 3 windows (2 blank) with brick cornice and parapet. Knapped
flint at the rear, irregular fenestration of C18 and C19. 3-light windows
with transoms and wrought iron casements. 2 half gables and 5 gables with
moulded brick kneelers at the junction of the half gable apex and the parapet.
Wings to east C19. 3 windows, sashes with glazing bars and segmental brick
arches. Hipped roof and external stacks with polygonal shafts. C18 raised
and fielded panelling in ground and first floor rooms. C18 fireplaces. Good
C19 stair. Rainwater head has monogram W.I.M. and is dated 1727.
Listing NGR: TG2694219745
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings