This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.634 / 52°38'2"N
Longitude: 1.1458 / 1°8'44"E
OS Eastings: 612970
OS Northings: 308674
OS Grid: TG129086
Mapcode National: GBR TDQ.VXT
Mapcode Global: WHLSF.K2T1
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 15 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1373063
English Heritage Legacy ID: 226522
Location: Marlingford and Colton, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR9
District: South Norfolk
Civil Parish: Marlingford and Colton
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Marlingford
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 10 NW MARLINGFORD MILL ROAD
4/49 The Old Rectory
Former rectory. C17, refurbished and pile added in c.1800. Original
house of colour-washed flint with brick dressings and pantiled roof.
Addition in colour-washed brick with slate roof. 2 storeys. Main facade
with 6 windows: 3 sashes with vertical glazing bars on first floor, 2
sashes with full sets of glazing bars and a 3-light casement on ground
floor. C20 gabled porch. 4 small blocked windows on south gable-end flank-
ing former stack. North gable-end stack and shallow-pitched roof. Garden
facade of 4 bays of sashes with glazing bars, 2 glazed doors and a modern
3-light casement. Hipped roof with an axial stack. Re-used C17 cambered
fireplace lintel with an ogee and hollow-chamfered moulding.
Listing NGR: TG1297008674
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings