This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.591 / 52°35'27"N
Longitude: 1.2419 / 1°14'30"E
OS Eastings: 619687
OS Northings: 304184
OS Grid: TG196041
Mapcode National: GBR VGR.GT0
Mapcode Global: WHMTT.14NG
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 26 November 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1373136
English Heritage Legacy ID: 226946
Location: Keswick and Intwood, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR4
District: South Norfolk
Civil Parish: Keswick and Intwood
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Intwood All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 10 SE KESWICK INTWOOD
5/61 Church of All Saints
Parish church, C12, restored 1852-3. Flint with some erratics and iron
conglomerate, minimal dressings, stone window surrounds. Plain tiles to south,
pantiles to north. Round west tower, nave, chancel, south porch, north vestry.
Cl2 tall round tower with C15 octagonal upper stage, flint with some iron
conglomerate; Roman tile voussoirs to former west doorway; C13 single light
west window above with cusped head; stage above with plain lancet to north
and south. Octagonal upper stage with stone dressings and embattled parapet
of knapped flint; 4 double-light bell openings, heads and hoods renewed c.1985.
Nave: lower part of quoins to west with some iron conglomerate, upper quoins
undressed; eastern quoins similar but with some Roman tiles. North and south
nave each with one 2-light opening of 1852 with 4-centred arch and Decorated
tracery; south nave also with C19 lancet in former opening having brick tile
voussoirs. Gable parapets east and west with shaped stone kneelers. C14 south
porch refaced with broken flint with stone dressings; continuous moulding to
porch arch with figure stops renewed. Niche above with slate inscribed RESTORED
AD 1852. 4-centred south doorway and door of 1852, wooden doorframe, ledged
and battened double-leaved door. C15 chancel with some bricks and erratics;
angle buttresses with flushwork, C19 2-light opening with panel tracery north
and south, 3-light Perpendicular style east window of 1852. North vestry of
1852 across opposing doorway, knapped flint, pantiles, extended southwards
1970 with plain Gothick doorway reset. Interior: mainly of 1852. Pews of
1802 in C15 style with elaborate poppy head benchends; table c.1802, extended
top, fat plain turned legs; west gallery dated 21st September 1853; font of
1852 in C15 style with ogee cover having crockets and decorated style tracery.
Tall semi-circular headed tower arch. Steep curved stair within tower-having
stick balusters and turned newel. South chancel with marble mural monument
to Joseph Muskett 1832; memorial to Clement W.O. Unthank 1900, died at Lucknow
from "the effects of a fall at polo", brass plaque by P. Orr of Madras.
Listing NGR: TG1968704184
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings