This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.599 / 52°35'56"N
Longitude: 1.2644 / 1°15'51"E
OS Eastings: 621171
OS Northings: 305144
OS Grid: TG211051
Mapcode National: GBR VGS.2HL
Mapcode Global: WHMTM.DXBW
Entry Name: The Mill
Listing Date: 2 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1373138
English Heritage Legacy ID: 226954
Location: Keswick and Intwood, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR4
District: South Norfolk
Civil Parish: Keswick and Intwood
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Intwood All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 20 NW KESWICK KESWICK
3/70 The Mill
Watermill over race diverted from River Yare, C18 and C19 on earlier site.
Timber framed and weatherboarded, pantile roof with black glazed pantiles
to south. 7 bays 3 storeys with roof sweeping low to north over 2 storeys
forming aisled arcade to interior. Facade to south: 2 brick arches for
sluices below centre. 9 bays 3 storeys; 7 bays to east of C18, lucum bay
and 2 bays to west, a C19 rebuild. Openings with cast iron frames and
glazing bars; bays 1 to 7 with 4 openings to gound floor of 3 x 4 panes
and 4 to second floor of 3 x 2 panes. Lucum to second floor between C18
build and C19 rebuild. End 2 bays with cast iron openings of 3 x 3 panes.
East and west returns with various inserted and repositioned openings.
Facade to north: roof sweeps low over 2 storeys, ground floor with 5 cast
iron openings with glazing bars to north, first floor with two cast iron
openings and two of wood all with glazing bas. Interior: 3 tier roof of
C18 to 7 eastern bays, staggered purlins and collars; lucum bay and 2 bays
to east of C19 with king posts. Braces to aisle posts and wall posts to
north of C18 bays. East two bays of C19 with cast iron aisle posts. Wheel
removed c.1950 but some chutes, wheels and driving mechanisms remain. All
weatherboarding renewed 1986; mill now incorporates dwelling.
Listing NGR: TG2117105144
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings