This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5117 / 52°30'42"N
Longitude: 1.5972 / 1°35'49"E
OS Eastings: 644184
OS Northings: 296507
OS Grid: TM441965
Mapcode National: GBR YSJ.GMB
Mapcode Global: VHM6C.M4QC
Entry Name: The White House
Listing Date: 5 September 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1373171
English Heritage Legacy ID: 227020
Location: Haddiscoe, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR14
District: South Norfolk
Civil Parish: Haddiscoe
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Haddiscoe St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
HADDISCOE RECTORY ROAD
TM 49 NW
7/18 The White House
House, C18. Colourwashed brick, hipped roof of black glazed pantiles. Two
storeys, L shaped plan. Main facade symmetrical, of five bays: renewed cross
casements with leaded glazing, the ground floor openings segmental headed
with keys and segmental drip moulds. Recessed panels between ground floor
and first floor openings. Central raised and fielded panelled door with
keyed and moulded architrave. Moulded brick pediment and Doric pilasters.
Brick corner pilasters, coved eaves. C20 flat roofed extension with stone
balustrade to south. Two red brick chimney stacks behind ridge line. To
the rear, a lower two storey pantiled range: three windows, casements with
three lights on ground floor and two lights on first floor. Central door
with canopy on brackets. Red brick chimney stack on ridge line. A plaque
on the west wall records that the house was occupied for 50 years by
Sir J.A. Arnesby Brown R.A. (1866-1955).
Listing NGR: TM4418496507
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings