This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8459 / 52°50'45"N
Longitude: 1.3436 / 1°20'36"E
OS Eastings: 625257
OS Northings: 332840
OS Grid: TG252328
Mapcode National: GBR WF3.JJD
Mapcode Global: WHMSH.MQ0M
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 4 October 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1373433
English Heritage Legacy ID: 224467
Location: Antingham, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR28
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Antingham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Antingham St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 23 SE ANTINGHAM CHURCH LANE
7/20 Church of St.Mary
Parish church. Medieval and later. Flint with stone dressings; tiled roof.
West tower, nave, continuous chancel, south porch. C14 Embattled 2 stage
tower with diagonal buttresses to west. 3-light Decorated reticulated west
window; slit openings to ringing chamber; 2-light Perpendicular bell-
openings with panel tracery. Buttressed nave of 3 bays. Earlier, shallower
pitched roof line visible on south west and north west corners. 2 3-light
Decorated windows with cusped reticulated tracery of early C14 to south.
To north a doorway then 2 similar C14 windows. Buttressed chancel with
one similar C14 window each to north and south. To north a priest's doorway
of brick under hood mould. Porch of 1864 restoration to first nave bay.
Nave doorway with hood mould. Simple arched niche above with remains of
red paint. Interior. Medieval arch-braced roof, embattled wall-plate,
simple ashlaring. Tower arch with octagonal shafts. No architectural
marking of chancel. Chancel roof perhaps of C17 has straight braces curved
to form continuous arch with collars; probably replacing earlier braces.
C13 octagonal font on shafts. Memorial brass of 1562 to man with 19
Listing NGR: TG2525732840
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings