History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor House Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Baconsthorpe, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8849 / 52°53'5"N

Longitude: 1.1673 / 1°10'2"E

OS Eastings: 613193

OS Northings: 336640

OS Grid: TG131366

Mapcode National: GBR VC5.1Y7

Mapcode Global: WHLR2.XR06

Entry Name: Manor House Farmhouse

Listing Date: 4 October 1960

Last Amended: 30 September 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1373487

English Heritage Legacy ID: 224558

Location: Baconsthorpe, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR25

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk

Civil Parish: Baconsthorpe

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Baconsthorpe St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Baconsthorpe

Listing Text

TG 13 NW BACONSTHORPE CHURCH LANE

7/5 Manor House Farmhouse
(formerly listed
4.10.60 as Glebe Farmhouse)

II


House, C18 facade on earlier core dated 1635. Brick in Flemish bond with
coloured headers, black glazed pantiles to first 4 bays of front, pantiles
to rest of roof. In two builds now under continuous roof, single range,
of 6½ bays to left, of 2 lower bays to right with 1st floor walls raised
to eaves level of left bays. 2 storeys and attic. Left 6½ bays with platband
of moulded brick, dentil cornice. Doorway to 6th bay with C19 door, upper
part glazed, under rectangular light. Cross windows with glazing bars, ½
width windows to ½ bay to right of door. Skew back arches of soft thin gauged
bricks to windows and door from 2nd to end ½ bay. 1st bay ground floor window
renewed under later wider arch. 1st floor windows under soldier arches.
Blocked windows to 1st, 3rd and 5th bays of 1st floor and to 3rd bay of
ground floor. 3rd bay a chimney bay with axial chimney. 2-storey 2 bays
to right in pebble flint with brick dressings, dentil cornice, door to left,
2-light casements to ground and lst floor of right bay; end axial stack.
Single storey lean-to to right hand gable under pantiles. Left hand gable
in brick with moulded platband and flint base; 2 blocked windows to 1st floor;
one blocked and rendered window to attic. Rear: rendered outshut for stair
behind 3rd (chimney) bay; lower wall to right in coursed flint; continuous
single storey lean-to in 3 builds to left; no windows to upper wall. The
left 2 bays in pebble flint have upper walls of brick. Interior: 3 cells,
stack to bay 3 encased, fragment of painted plaster to left cell chimney
bay with black letter text and date 1635; central cell now partitioned,
jewel stepped chamfered beams; right cell with roll moulded beams having
step chamfer stops, attic floor lower; roof timbers renewed C19.


Listing NGR: TG1319336640

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.