This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5319 / 52°31'54"N
Longitude: 1.1886 / 1°11'18"E
OS Eastings: 616369
OS Northings: 297447
OS Grid: TM163974
Mapcode National: GBR VHG.7B5
Mapcode Global: VHL8H.KM7D
Entry Name: St Mary's Chapel
Listing Date: 11 September 1951
Last Amended: 7 October 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1373555
English Heritage Legacy ID: 224942
Location: Ashwellthorpe and Fundenhall, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR16
District: South Norfolk
Civil Parish: Ashwellthorpe and Fundenhall
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
In the entry for ASHWELLTHORPE BLACKSMITH'S LANE
The item shall be amended to read BLACKSMITH'S LANE
St Mary's Chapel (formerly listed
as Chantry House)
5321 ASHWELLTHORPE BLACKSMITH'S LANE
TM 19 NE 3/3 11.9.51
C15 remains of Ashwell Church, converted into house probably in C18. The
plan suggests a C12 origin with nave and chancel. No ancient details visible
outside, but the C15 arch braced roof of nave remains.
Exterior: plastered flint and brick, pantile roof with gabled ends. The
nave, 2 storeys. Two windows. C18/19 3-light casements. Central glazed
door. Internal brick chimney stack on west end. Painted brick wing on east
end, formerly the chancel, rebuilt in C18, 2 storeys, one window, pantile
roof with coped gable end. C18/19 casements.
Listing NGR: TM1636997447
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings