History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Congregational Chapel and Entrance Railings and Number 3 the Lane

A Grade II Listed Building in Briston, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8526 / 52°51'9"N

Longitude: 1.0588 / 1°3'31"E

OS Eastings: 606054

OS Northings: 332728

OS Grid: TG060327

Mapcode National: GBR TB2.4J7

Mapcode Global: WHLR7.7KGH

Entry Name: Congregational Chapel and Entrance Railings and Number 3 the Lane

Listing Date: 30 November 1951

Last Amended: 6 March 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1373782

English Heritage Legacy ID: 223919

Location: Briston, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR24

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk

Civil Parish: Briston

Built-Up Area: Briston

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Briston All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Briston

Listing Text

TG 03 SE BRISTON THE LANE
(south side)
4/8
Congregational Chapel
and entrance railings
30/11/51 and No. 3 The Lane.
(Formerly listed as No.4)
G.V. II

Chapel. Dated 1775. Red brick, black glazed pantiles. Facade arranged as
4 bay 2 storey chapel and 4 bay 2 storey house. Chapel with 4 ground floor
rubbed brick arches with stone keystones and imposts on brick piers. First
floor with 2 similar blank central arches with metal insurance plaque in centre
and 2 longer outer arches with windows with glazing bar margin lights and
fan light heads. Brick plinth, brick rusticated quoins. At north west house
with one ground and 2 first floor sashes with margin light glazing bars.
Ground floor 4 panelled door. Moulded brick eaves cornice and steeply pitched
hipped roof to chapel and house. South west gable with arch with stone imposts
and keystone but C19 boarded door. Entrance railings with arch rising to
central bracket for lamp now removed. Interior with later C19 furnishings.
Original coved plaster ceiling and cornice. Wall tablet 1833 No. 3 The Lane
formerly listed as No. 4 The Lane, ground and 2 first-floor sashes with margin
light glazing bars, c.1900 4 panel door.


Listing NGR: TG0605432728

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.