History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Two Piers of Cottages Coach House and Adjacent Range to West, Immediately North West of Mannington Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Itteringham, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8434 / 52°50'36"N

Longitude: 1.1809 / 1°10'51"E

OS Eastings: 614316

OS Northings: 332066

OS Grid: TG143320

Mapcode National: GBR VCK.RCS

Mapcode Global: WHLR9.3SLJ

Entry Name: Two Piers of Cottages Coach House and Adjacent Range to West, Immediately North West of Mannington Hall

Listing Date: 12 July 1991

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1373823

English Heritage Legacy ID: 224142

Location: Itteringham, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR11

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk

Civil Parish: Itteringham

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Itteringham with Mannington

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Itteringham

Listing Text

ITTERINGHAM MANNINGTON
TG 13 SW
Two pairs of Cottages,
7/136
Coach House and Adj.
range to W, immediately
NW of Mannington Hall
II
GV

Two pairs of cottages, adjoining coach house and stables. Circa early
and mid C19 remodelling or rebuilding of earlier ranges depicted on
estate map of 1565. Flint cobbles with stone and brick dressings, brick
cottages at rear, coach house weatherboarded at front and stables mixed
flint and brick. Red clay pantile roofs with gabled and hipped ends;
stables reclad in asbestos sheets. Brick and rendered axial stacks.
Long range; at east (right) end a pair of cottages with an integral
coach house to right of which another coach house was added in circa
late C19 and at the rear of which another pair of cottages was added in
circa late C19. To the left (west) a long single storey stable range.
2 storeys. 3-window cottage and integral coach house with 2 large C19 3-
light: mullion-transom casements on ground floor and smaller C19 2 and 3-
light: casements on first floor. Plank door at centre, vertical panel
door on left and coach house double doors on right; all ground floor
openings have segmental brick arches. Coach house on right with
weatherboarded front, double doors and 3-light window. Single storey
stables on left with 3 casements each with 3 arched lights and plank
door on right and C20 glazed door and double doors on left. At rear
(north) random brick and flint wall and brick lower courses at back of
cottages on left may incorporate material from earlier range on this
site. Pair of brick cottages on left backing onto front cottages: 2
storeys, symmetrical 2-window range of C19 3-light casements.
Interiors not inspected.


Listing NGR: TG1431632066

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.