History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Grange

A Grade II Listed Building in Dilham, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.771 / 52°46'15"N

Longitude: 1.4398 / 1°26'23"E

OS Eastings: 632129

OS Northings: 324815

OS Grid: TG321248

Mapcode National: GBR WG6.BTM

Mapcode Global: WHMSY.2MW1

Entry Name: The Grange

Listing Date: 18 May 1979

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1373824

English Heritage Legacy ID: 224145

Location: Dilham, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR28

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk

Civil Parish: Dilham

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Dilham

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Dilham

Listing Text

DILHAM CHAPEL ROAD
TG 32 SW
(south side)
8/2 The Grange
18:5:79
II
House. 1846 possibly by Donthorne. Brick with stone and moulded brick dressings.
Slate roof. 2 storeys. West facade of 3 bays with moulded string course and cusped
and crenellated parapet. Also right hand cusped, gabled bay with corbelled stack
dated 1846, initials CMH and stone panel with unicorn. Tudor style 2-light mullioned
windows with blind-boxes and hood moulds. Cusped and crenellated parapet to 3 left
hand bays. Drain pipe heads of iron gargoyles. 2 stacks of clustered shafts with
moulded terracotta decoration. South face of 2 bays with corner pilasters and corbel
table. Moulded brick 4-centre arch doorway; glazed door with intersecting tracery,
lower panel blank. Ground floor window of 2-lights mullioned and transomed. 2 upper
windows as west facade. Stone steps with gothic cast iron balusters. 2 lower 2
storey ranges to rear; some windows with stone cusped heads. 3 bay service range
with iron lattice windows, some replaced. Later porch with re-used moulded brick
doorway. Interior. Stairs with iron balusters alternating decorated and plain square
section, wreathed handrail. Window shutters with linen-fold detail to outer face.
Linen-fold panelling to dining room said to have been brought to house from
Lincolnshire in 1950's.


Listing NGR: TG3212924815

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.