History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Coach House and Stable Block Approximately 50 Yards North East of Hilton Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Hilton, Staffordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6447 / 52°38'40"N

Longitude: -2.0716 / 2°4'17"W

OS Eastings: 395250

OS Northings: 305221

OS Grid: SJ952052

Mapcode National: GBR 2B7.523

Mapcode Global: WHBFM.4SSC

Entry Name: Coach House and Stable Block Approximately 50 Yards North East of Hilton Hall

Listing Date: 16 May 1953

Last Amended: 4 February 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1374117

English Heritage Legacy ID: 271781

Location: Hilton, South Staffordshire, Staffordshire, WV11

County: Staffordshire

District: South Staffordshire

Civil Parish: Hilton

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire

Church of England Parish: Shareshill St Luke and St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Willenhall

Listing Text

In the entry for:-

SJ 90 NE HILTON C.P. HILTON PARK

4/13 Coach house and stable
16.5.53 block approx. 50 yards
north-east of Hilton
Park. (formerly listed as
Stables. Hilton Park)
GV
II

the entry shall be amended to read:-

SJ 90 NE HILTON C.P. HILTON PARK

4/13 Coach house and stable
16.5.53 block approx. 50 yards
north-east of Hilton
Hall

GV II

------------------------------------


SJ 90 NE HILTON C.P. HILTON PARK

4/13 Coach house and
stable block approx.
16.5.53 50 yards north-east
of Hilton Park.
(formerly listed as
Stables, Hilton Park)

GV II

Coach house and stable block. Circa 1830. Red brick with ashlar quoins
and dressings,slate roof. 4 ranges surround a quadrangular courtyard entered
from the south. South front: One storey with dentilled eaves band. Central
quoined break with rusticated semi-circular carriage arch on rusticated pilaster
strips. Surmounted by a square clock turret with festooned base and octagonal
cupola with lead covered dome. The cupola has semi-circular arched openings
with raised keys.


Listing NGR: SJ9525005221

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.