This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1815 / 53°10'53"N
Longitude: -1.87 / 1°52'11"W
OS Eastings: 408786
OS Northings: 364946
OS Grid: SK087649
Mapcode National: GBR 358.G1Z
Mapcode Global: WHCDB.79S9
Entry Name: Sheffield House and Attached Cart Shed
Listing Date: 22 October 1952
Last Amended: 5 June 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1374540
English Heritage Legacy ID: 274265
Location: Longnor, Staffordshire Moorlands, Staffordshire, SK17
District: Staffordshire Moorlands
Civil Parish: Longnor
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Longnor St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SK 06 SE LONGNOR C.P. CARDER GREEN
5/51 Sheffield House and
- attached Cart Shed (Formerly
22.10.52 listed as Williams Deacons'
GV II Bank)
House, former shop unit and cart-shed. Early C19. Coursed stone; graded stone
slate roof, hipped to left, verge parapet to right; ashlar ridge and
end stacks to right with cornices. Three-storey, three-window front
in glazing bar sashes, central entrance with plain surround, glazed
door and corbelled hood; shop entrance to left corner, quoined and
with 20-paned shop window adjacent to right. Lower cart shed to right
end, blue machine tile roof, two-storey, with elliptical arched yard
entry and wider, similarly arched,cart door to right end; two small
windows to first floor.
Listing NGR: SK0878664946
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings