This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.995 / 52°59'42"N
Longitude: -1.8989 / 1°53'56"W
OS Eastings: 406881
OS Northings: 344192
OS Grid: SK068441
Mapcode National: GBR 37K.6R7
Mapcode Global: WHBCY.SZYB
Entry Name: Farley Hall and Attached Wall, Greenhouse and Billard Room
Listing Date: 2 May 1953
Last Amended: 17 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1374708
English Heritage Legacy ID: 275114
Location: Farley, Staffordshire Moorlands, Staffordshire, ST10
District: Staffordshire Moorlands
Civil Parish: Farley
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Alton St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
FARLEY C.P. FARLEY
SK 04 SE
7/119 Farley Hall and attached wall,
2/5/53 greenhouse and billiard room
(formerly listed as Farley Lodge)
Large house. C17 in origin with late C18 and mid-C19 remodelling.
Timber framed on stone plinth now plastered with imitation timber framing
to first floor; plain tile roof; plastered ridge stacks and integral end
stack. Aligned. north-west/south-east facing south-west with later
extensions to the rear. Main house of 2 storeys and attic to the left
and 2-storey single-bay wing to the right. Main house: 3 tabled bays,
tripartite windows containing glazing bar sashes, those to left and right
are incorporated within 2-storey canted bay windows; central glazed door
within a lean-to porch. Wing: ground-floor bay window and tripartite
first-floor window, both with glazing bar sashes. Ashlar wall attached
to the right, approximately 30 yards long terminated by a billiard room,
and with an attached greenhouse roughly half-way along. Billiard room:
dated 1866. Ashlar; plain tile roof with coped verges; ashlar stack.
Aligned north-east/south-west with canted south-west end. One storey;
1:1:1 bays to canted front, the central bay is gabled; central 2-light
window and single-light windows to left and right, all with square heads
and styllized Gothic tracery; set-back projection to left has a door with
semi-circular fanlight and panelled spandrels. Greenhouse: semi-circular
with domed top and ashlar plinth, central 2-leaf door approached by 2
steps flanked by ball finials on short pedestals. P. Boniface, The
Garden Room RCHM 1982, p. 8.
Listing NGR: SK0688144192
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings