History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Sycamore Terrace

A Grade II Listed Building in Bloxham, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0178 / 52°1'4"N

Longitude: -1.3772 / 1°22'37"W

OS Eastings: 442835

OS Northings: 235674

OS Grid: SP428356

Mapcode National: GBR 7TC.DN4

Mapcode Global: VHCWF.2JSZ

Entry Name: Sycamore Terrace

Listing Date: 8 December 1955

Last Amended: 14 November 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1374859

English Heritage Legacy ID: 244255

Location: Bloxham, Cherwell, Oxfordshire, OX15

County: Oxfordshire

District: Cherwell

Civil Parish: Bloxham

Built-Up Area: Bloxham

Traditional County: Oxfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Bloxham

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Bloxham

Listing Text

BLOXHAM KING'S ROAD
SP4235 (West side)
9/151 Nos.1 to 5 (Sycamore Terrace)
08/12/55 (Formerly listed as Sycamore
Terrace (row of 8 Tenements)

GV II


Shown on O.S. map as King's Street.
Row of 8 tenements, now 5 cottages. C16, C17 and C19. Regular coursed ironstone
rubble. Thatched roof. 6 brick stacks to ends and ridge. Each cottage of single
storey plus attic and either 2-unit or single-unit plan. Nos.l and 2 have c20
doors and windows to King's Road. Nos. 3 to 5 inclusive have some original 2-
and 3-light stone mullioned windows with hood moulds and label stops or metal
casements. Swept attic dormers. Re-set sculptured stone to No.3. Interior: The
row is noted as incorporating a 3-bay C16 house. One original truss survives of
principals with short curved feet. In the C19 the terrace was converted into
Weaver's Cottages. The group was remodelled in 1956.(Wood-Jones, R.B.,
Traditional Domestic Architecture in the Banbury Region, 1963, pp.62-3, 279;
V.C.H.: Oxfordshire, Vol.IX, p.57).


Listing NGR: SP4283535674

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.