This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2784 / 51°16'42"N
Longitude: 0.1944 / 0°11'39"E
OS Eastings: 553148
OS Northings: 155538
OS Grid: TQ531555
Mapcode National: GBR MMY.V93
Mapcode Global: VHHPS.B439
Entry Name: Dentistry
Listing Date: 2 September 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1376268
English Heritage Legacy ID: 470262
Location: Sevenoaks, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13
Civil Parish: Sevenoaks
Built-Up Area: Sevenoaks
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Sevenoaks St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
TQ 5355 SEVENOAKS DARTFORD ROAD
661/2/10013 Number 6, Dentistry
Dental practice. Designed in 1928 by Hugh Mickay Baillie Scott. Neo-Georgian style. Rendered with red brick dressings, hipped tiled roof and two side tall red brick chimneystacks. One storey; 4 windows. Bui1ding.compmes central atrium with three dental surgeries, waiting room sterilizing room and office. Front elevation has recessed centre with two 12-pane sashes in brick surround and set back doorcase with decorated rectangular fanlight, six-panelled door and flanking curved panels and pilasters approached up three stone steps. Octagonal glazed dome behind doorcase. Projecting wings have 24-pane floor-length sashes and flanking walls have brick piers but original urns were missing at time of survey. Waiting room to right hand side has canted bay. Later C20 flat-roofed extension to rear. L-shaped extension to north in matching style is not of special interest as it is not shown in the original plans and was added probably in mid C20. Purpose-built dental practices of this date are thought to be rare and this is the only example Baillie Scott designed. O Kornwolf "M H Baillie Scott and the Arts and Crafts Movement" 1972 p555. "Builder" September 5th 1930].
Listing NGR: TQ5314855538
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings