This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3217 / 52°19'18"N
Longitude: 1.5982 / 1°35'53"E
OS Eastings: 645308
OS Northings: 275386
OS Grid: TM453753
Mapcode National: GBR YX0.GWL
Mapcode Global: VHM74.NX81
Entry Name: White Hart Inn
Listing Date: 25 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1377198
English Heritage Legacy ID: 285531
Location: Blythburgh, Suffolk Coastal, Suffolk, IP19
District: Suffolk Coastal
Civil Parish: Blythburgh
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Blythburgh Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
TM 47 NE BLYTHBURGH LONDON ROAD
2/15 White Hart Inn
Former coaching inn, now public house. Early-mid C16, with later alterations
and additions. Timber framed; plasterwork to rear and to north gable end, mid-
late C17 red brick Dutch gable end to south, mid C19 painted brick facade; roof
with modern plaintiles to front slope and pantiles to rear. 2 storeys and
attic. 6 window range, inset sashes with glazing bars, flat arches with raised
keys; asymmetrical doorway with 6-panel door, a second doorway now removed.
Dutch gable with brick band at first floor level and brick coping to parapet.
One internal stack and one stack to Dutch gable end. C17 gabled staircase
extension to rear; various C20 rear extensions. Interior with fine, heavily
roll-moulded beams and joists to 2 bays of ground floor ceiling; C17 dog-leg
staircase with turned balusters, newels with ornamental finials and moulded
handrail; in a first floor room is some C16 panelling, possibly re-used from
elsewhere in the building.
Listing NGR: TM4530875386
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings