This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1971 / 52°11'49"N
Longitude: 1.2896 / 1°17'22"E
OS Eastings: 624914
OS Northings: 260529
OS Grid: TM249605
Mapcode National: GBR VMN.8VH
Mapcode Global: VHLB9.91MJ
Entry Name: The Broadhurst
Listing Date: 19 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1377267
English Heritage Legacy ID: 285793
Location: Brandeston, Suffolk Coastal, Suffolk, IP13
District: Suffolk Coastal
Civil Parish: Brandeston
Built-Up Area: Brandeston
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Brandeston All Saints
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
TM 26 SW BRANDESTON THE STREET
Former rectory, now private residence. Central part early-mid
C16, extended at both ends c.1900 forming a single very long
range. Timber framed except left hand addition which is brick,
the whole plastered with a plaintiled roof. 2 storeys. Various
casement windows, mostly mid C20; most of the first floor windows
are older and have semi-circular arched upper lights and square
leaded panes. Early C20 2 storey gabled entrance porch with
overhanging first floor; later addition on left hand side; modern
door. Plaster cove eaves cornice; 4 internal stacks. Good roll
moulded beam and one original doorway on ground floor; the right
hand gable of the C16 house was jettied and this part of the
original structure has been exposed internally. Named after Rev.
Broadhurst, vicar of Brandeston 1815-1856.
Listing NGR: TM2491460529
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings