This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4031 / 51°24'11"N
Longitude: -0.3716 / 0°22'17"W
OS Eastings: 513370
OS Northings: 168375
OS Grid: TQ133683
Mapcode National: GBR 5M.70Z
Mapcode Global: VHFTS.HZYS
Entry Name: Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 14 August 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1377505
English Heritage Legacy ID: 287001
Location: Elmbridge, Surrey, KT8
Electoral Ward/Division: Molesey West
Built-Up Area: Esher
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: West Molesey
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
BOROUGH OF ELMBRIDGE
Church of St. Peter
Church. C15 tower, remainder of church 1843. Tower of ragstone and flint in chequerboard pattern, yellow brick with stone dressings to remainder, plain tiled roofs. Three stage battlemented tower to west with stair turret on south east corner, nave and north aisle with south porch and chancel to east. Two-light trefoil head windows to nave, two-light windows to top of tower, lancet windows in deep reveals below. West door (now disused) arched under flat hood moulding with foliage carving to spandrels. C20 door in south porch.
Interior: three bay nave arcade on octagonal piers with moulded capitals to north, hammer beam roof with angel carving. Simple moulded tower and chancel arches.
Fittings: C19 pews. C15 stone font, octagonal with quatrefoil panels. Fine Jacobean pulpit, panelled oak with back board and tester.
Mounuments: North chancel wall. Three brasses to Thomas Brende 1564. Two shields above rectangular inscription panel. South aisle wall: to Hon. George Cranfield Berkeley 1818. Admiral. Stone, black ground with white stone inscription plate. Drapery behind and coat of arms above.
Listing NGR: TQ1337068375
Other nearby listed buildings