This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2499 / 51°14'59"N
Longitude: -0.1068 / 0°6'24"W
OS Eastings: 532224
OS Northings: 151781
OS Grid: TQ322517
Mapcode National: GBR KK8.HT5
Mapcode Global: VHGS5.3VD6
Entry Name: The Old Rectory Including West Wing
Listing Date: 11 June 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1377508
English Heritage Legacy ID: 287241
Location: Bletchingley, Tandridge, Surrey, RH1
Civil Parish: Bletchingley
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Bletchingley St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ 35SW BLETCHINGLEY C.P. BREWER STREET
2/3 The Old Rectory including
11/6/58 West wing
House. West wing C17 much altered in late C19, main house remodelled in late C18.
Wing to west of Reigate rubble stone and brick dressings below, stock brick above;
plain tiled hipped roof with wooden cupola under pyramidal roof and iron weathervane
to right, end ridge stack to left. Main house rendered on cement plinth with para-
petpartly obscuring hipped slate roof. Rendered end stacks, 3 diagonal C17 stacks
to left at junction with wing. Main house square with west wing at right angles
to left, 2 storeys with cornice to base of parapet. 5 glazing bar sash windows
under segmental heads across first floor in open boxes, taller glazing rear sash
windows under flat hoods to ground floor. Central doubled glazed doors in Doric
fluted pilaster surround under flat porch hood. Right hand return front: Victorian
single storey angle bay window on right hand corner. Arched niche to centre of
rear. West wing to left: 1 storey and attic under 5 glazing bar sash lucarne
windows. Segmental headed casement windows to ground floor. Projecting bay to
left end containing planked double doors in right hand side.
Interior: Panelled doors and plaster cornices survive.
Listing NGR: TQ3222451781
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings