History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Beacon

A Grade II Listed Building in Dormansland, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1555 / 51°9'19"N

Longitude: 0.0034 / 0°0'12"E

OS Eastings: 540200

OS Northings: 141495

OS Grid: TQ402414

Mapcode National: GBR KLL.FPD

Mapcode Global: VHHQ8.07N0

Entry Name: The Beacon

Listing Date: 11 June 1958

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1377603

English Heritage Legacy ID: 287448

Location: Dormansland, Tandridge, Surrey, RH7

County: Surrey

District: Tandridge

Civil Parish: Dormansland

Built-Up Area: Dormansland

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Dormansland St John the Evangelist

Church of England Diocese: Southwark

Find accommodation in
Lingfield

Listing Text

TQ 44SW LINGFIELD C.P HIGH STREET (west side)
DORMANSLAND

10/208 The Beacon
11/6/58
II

House. Circa 1820 to left with C20 extensions to right. Stucco, incised to left,
with hipped slate roofs. Rendered stacks to left and right and rear right. Square
main range with later square 3 bay extension to right and C20 extension to extreme
right. Two storeys, 3 bays to left with paired end pilasters under acanthus and
lotus capitals. Pilaster piers either side of centre with incised decoration and
geometric band under-capitals. Bracket eaves with guttae peg and bayleaf garland
frieze between capitals of pilasters and piers. 3 glazing bar sash windows across
first floor; doubled casement doors either side of centre of ground floor in
moulded surrounds and under plat hood on brackets. Central 6 panel door under
metal tracery radiating fanlight with architrave surround in flat portico with Doric
pilasters tapering above pedestals. 3 bay range to right with glazing bar sashes
in moulded architrave surrounds across first floor. Projecting ground floor with
cornice supported on angle Doric piers with pedestals. Glazing bar sash windows
over projecting apron merging with plinth on ground floor. Single storey brick
extension to right with triple garage opening. Square wooden lantern with louvred
boarding above.
Left hand return front:- Bow window to left. Parallel range to rear left and
lower extensions to rear.


Listing NGR: TQ4020041495

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.